Words have the power to shape us, influence others, and create a lasting impact.
That’s why I’m launching a brand new podcast: Words that Change Lives.
The podcast aims to empower leaders, coaches, and small business owners to harness the power of language and tenfold the impact of their message.
In this blog, I share my vision for the podcast, and how my personal story has resulted in three fundamental truths I discovered along the way.
Transformation Through Storytelling
It’s important to revisit and reshape our stories as we grow and evolve. By doing so, we ensure that our messaging aligns with our current goals and aspirations. This opens up new opportunities for personal and professional growth and prevents our stories from becoming obstacles to progress.
The Power of Communication
Effective communication is vital and is the reason why I launched this podcast! I personally overcame shyness and a huge lack of confidence to become a much improved communicator, capable of inspiring and influencing others. I really do believe that we all have the ability to communicate effectively. It is a skill that can be learnt. From my experiences in dance and theatre to my career in leadership coaching and training, I discovered the immense power of words and developed a unique approach to impactful communication that I will share with you.
Three Truths That Change Lives
As a result of my evolved core story, and the mission behind the podcast, I have three truths to share:
- A voice not heard is a life not lived: it’s important to find your voice and express yourself authentically. By speaking up and sharing our thoughts, ideas, and needs, we actively engage in our own lives and empower others to do the same.
- Growth lies in discomfort: avoiding difficult conversations or uncomfortable situations only hampers our personal and professional growth. Embrace discomfort as an opportunity for learning, change, and progress. By navigating challenging circumstances with honesty and integrity, we can overcome barriers and achieve our goals.
- Direct words equal direct wins: the way we communicate can significantly impact the outcomes we desire. There is so much power in developing effective communication strategies and skills to enhance the delivery of our messages. By becoming conscious of our communication style, we can maximise our influence and create positive change.
To celebrate the launch I’m running a competition with some wonderful prizes!
I’d love it if you can help me beat my trailer, which charted at number 2 in the ‘How To’ podcast charts before the release.
All you need to do is:
- Listen to the podcast (the first 3 are available now)
- Follow, rate and review
- Send a screenshot of your review to email@example.com
The competition is running until Monday 22nd January at 5pm when all entrants will be entered into a hat and prizes drawn.
1st prize: a 2 hour laser intensive with me to shape your story, TEDx idea or signature keynote or communication skills
2nd prize: access to two of my courses on virtual speaking, corporate speaking and training or landing a TEDx gig, the choice is yours!
3rd prize: access to one of my courses as above.
You can listen to the podcast, follow, rate and review here
Please also join in the dialogue by sharing your thoughts and experiences. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the hashtag #WordsThatChangeLives on social media to become part of this vibrant community.
If you found this useful please share. I want to reach as many people as possible. Together, let’s harness the power of words and change lives for the better.
You can listen, follow and review the podcast here.